Tuesday, October 11, 2011

How I would use blogs, wikis and delicious with my EFL students?”

How I would use blogs, wikis and delicious with my EFL students?”



Today many students are using technology in the classroom. Therefore, educators should use technology in the classroom because its wide range of uses and forms has the potential to reach students of all learning styles, as well as be more efficient. When I become a teacher I will use blog, wiki, and delicious to teach my student,,
In the future, as a teacher I should use the technology to learn my students. For example, I will use some web sites and ask them to create a count in one of them like blogger. I can use the blog to post articles or stories and ask them to write a comment on it or asking them to put some pictures and put thier own comments. Actually, This assignment will help the students to consider the importance of the writing skills and have a better understanding of blogging. Blogs give students the opportunity to reflect thier ideas, opinions and experiences.
The second web, is wikispace. In fact, Wikispaces can be used in a variety of ways to enhance teaching and learning. For example, I can give my student text and then ask them to translate it into Arabic . in another hand, I can also ask them to create  images, videos, and text. Also,  In my classroom, I want students to collaborate using authentic discussion, have pride in their work, and be supportive of their peers.
The third web, is delicious. I think this tool is very important for each student. We are all inundated daily with content to process and share via Twitter, Facebook and other social media. But Delicious, a social bookmarking site, helps you organize materials of interest by tags and descriptions. As a teacher I can give my students some web sites and ask them to make bookmarks on their own. Also, I will ask them to write a research paper by using social bookmarking tool to collect, annotate and save resources that they find on the web on even on the online databases. These bookmarks can be accessed from any computer, from home or school.

5 comments:

  1. Salam,
    The intro should have been on using the tools you are requested to write about.
    You are right in saying; that wikis are good for having students' authentic work published. They will definitely be proud of what they have done!
    I didn't not get the objective of asking your students to translate the text in Arabic? do you mean in a translation course?
    Good luck.
    Dr. Hala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Dr. ^_^
    yes That's Exactly What I Mean.

    IF you have any question Dr.
    please ask me again! ^_^

    have a nice day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi meroo
    i would thank you for your post
    i agree with you in Wikispaces can be used in a variety of ways to enhance teaching and learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mero...^_^

    Wo0ow! It's a great job and I liked your activities and the way that you are organized your opinion..
    I agree with you that blogs give the students the opportunity to reflect their ideas, opinion and their experiences...

    Have a nice day and good luck...^_*

    ReplyDelete